Most driveways in front of suburban homes have boring asphalt or shiny asphalt. While those materials do a decent job, they are not pleasing to look at. You can search for “paving companies near me” and hire pros to build a driveway for you. For now, let’s check out a few paver patterns that enable you to make a statement with your driveway.
1. Geometric pattern – When you use pavers instead of concrete or asphalt, you don’t need to be limited by a boring gray or black surface or an uninteresting grid pattern. Instead, you can consider the grid pattern as a base and modify or play around with it any way you want. One of the best ways of modifying a grid pattern is to use geometric shapes.
If you have a home with modern, bold, and industrial design and heavy use of dark colors, you may consider getting a driveway with geometric shapes made from beautiful stone or concrete pavers. Make sure that the individual pavers are large and thick enough to create a contrasting visual impact on your home. For instance, large pearl white stone pavers go well with the black or gray walls of your home.
2. Valet driveway – Driveways and oil stains are one and the same. That’s why a driveway that makes a bold statement while being practical is the ideal option. You can take inspiration from valet driveways and implement it on your own. That means you need to incorporate garden greens and their soothing look with permeable stone pavers for the driveway.
Permeable pavers have gaps that allow water and other types of fluids to drain out to lower levels. The best thing about suck driveways is the flexibility. You can grow ground cover or place artificial grass in between the paver gaps. This makes the driveway stand out in your neighborhood while staying low-maintenance and hassle-free.
3. Cobblestone driveway – Whenever you see a cobblestone driveway or path, your mind automatically takes you to Europe. These driveways have a rustic charm and look neat. Moreover, they can last you decades or even centuries as proved by many streets across Europe. It can take tons of load without showing the first sign of crack for many years. If you enjoy sitting by the patio fire pit with a book and a cup of coffee, you can build a cobblestone driveway to reflect your calm and relaxed personality.
Moreover, you don’t need to spend exorbitant amounts of money on real cobblestones to mimic that look. Instead, you can rely on paver patterns made from rounded gray and black stone pavers. They are cheaper, look almost identical to a real cobblestone driveway, and don’t come with the expensive maintenance required for real cobblestone driveways. They will also last you for a very long time, at least a decade or two.
That’s not all. You can go a step further and unify the entire look of the driveway and your home by using vintage torches instead of regular lights and replacing your doorway with a similar vintage option. You can also make a driveway with concentric circles of alternating gray and black rounded pavers instead of sticking with a square pattern.
4. Organized chaos – Organized and well-shaped patterns look amazing. However, they lack a lot of bling, spice, and everything else such adjectives convey. If you have a unique personality that thinks the regular organized patterns look boring and generic, you can stick to the philosophy of organized chaos. This kind of driveway pattern is very random, yet harmonic. For instance, you can make a driveway out of differently sized paver stones that are part of the same larger collection.
That way you get to preserve the sense of symmetry despite choosing a random and chaotic pattern. It’s important to note that the above-mentioned pattern is just an example. You can play around with this design philosophy as much as you want. For instance, you can add a layer to the above-mentioned pattern by choosing different shades of the same color for the differently sized pavers. To a guest, the pattern will appear to be completely random at a glance. However, it makes more sense as they spend more time gazing at your driveway.
5. Herringbone pattern – The herringbone pattern pops up in many places and it’s a classic option that can never go wrong. The pattern usually uses 4×8 pavers that are aligned at a 45-degree angle. The pattern has its origins in the Roman Empire. While several empires have been ruined and created over several millennia, this pattern has survived for its stunning and classic appeal.
If you like the elegance of the herringbone pattern, you can implement it in your driveway. It reflects consistency and your zeal to brave through the changing tides and make a solid position for yourself despite the changing conditions. The greatest advantage of this pattern is that it suits every home, whether it’s a minimalist and modern design or a traditional design with Victorian elements.
6. Intricate patterns – If all the above-mentioned patterns don’t suit your style, you may find intricate patterns to be very charming. These types of patterns aren’t repetitive. Instead, they are very complex and spread from corner to corner. You can treat your driveway space as a blank canvas and create anything that your creativity and budget allow.
For instance, people have created entire pictures or compasses with pavers on their driveway. To achieve such a feat, you’ll need to get pavers of all kinds of shapes, sizes, and colors and bring the puzzle to life to show your vision to the world.
Pavers are excellent building materials that offer the right balance of strength, durability, and affordability. Moreover, you can make amazing and beautiful patterns with them on your driveway. Pavers allow you to treat the driveway space as a blank canvas. You can create anything your creative mind may come up with. To execute such creative ideas, you can hire pros by searching for “paving companies near me”.