What is Vinyl Flooring?
Vinyl flooring has been known to be one of the best low-cost flooring for kitchens and bathrooms. The popularity of the vinyl flooring has increased over the years. If you are thinking about renovating your kitchen, you should consider choosing a floor that is durable, but inviting. Vinyl flooring will give your kitchen a classy look at a very affordable price.
The Various Types of Vinyl Flooring
There are many kinds of vinyl flooring and you have to know what is in the market before you actually bring it home. The most popular type is sheet flooring and it is actually one of the best. In this type of flooring the material is usually laid down in sheets. Sheet flooring is more water-resistant than all the other types of vinyl flooring. Tile flooring is also another type of vinyl flooring and it uses tiles of about 9×9” or 12×12″. This is preferred by many people because it brings out the look of a ceramic tile floor at a low cost. Another option is the vinyl plank flooring which resembles hardwood. It comes in strips and in a wide range of styles that you can choose from.
Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
The benefits a homeowner gets to enjoy by choosing vinyl flooring are numerous. Here are some of the advantages of luxury vinyl floor tiles:
• Water-resistant-one of the main advantages of vinyl flooring is there resistance to water. This type of flooring is 100% moisture-resistant which is an element that makes it durable. This aspect makes vinyl flooring the best option for kitchens and bathrooms. Vinyl flooring is also resistant to stains. For example, vinyl sheets and tiles gave a wear layer that helps protect the surface against stains and spills.
• Cost-efficient-vinyl flooring is one of the most affordable options you can ever get. Other flooring options such as tile, stone, or hardwood are expensive and the dream of every homeowner is to have an option that does not cost them so much. With luxury vinyl floor tiles you will get quality at an affordable price.
• Durable-as mentioned earlier vinyl flooring is considered as one of the most durable types of flooring. All you need to do is take good care of your vinyl floors and ensure that they are well-maintained when need be.
• Easy to install and maintain-you can install vinyl flooring on any subfloor, and this makes installation easy. Since it is easy to install you can always do it on your own without necessarily hiring professionals to do the work for you. As for the maintenance, vinyl flooring just requires low-maintenance. You just have to clean the floor on a regular basis so as to maintain a clean surface. You can also purchase some vinyl floor cleaners to remove stains and spills.
Cons of Vinyl Flooring
However, just like any other product vinyl flooring has some disadvantages and these include:
• Prone to damage
• Difficult to remove
• Not environmentally-friendly
By knowing the pros and cons of kitchen vinyl flooring you will make right choice for your home.